A message from our CEO
COVID-19 has had a major impact on our industry. Beauty salons and skin care therapists have had to close their doors. Customers were not able to receive the services that are important for their health and well-being.
The good news is that we're bringing the industry back to a new normal and helping spas and salons in our industry operate successfully under the new conditions.
Since April, we have been offering free training on our 12 Hygiene Principles to all skin care professionals worldwide. Anyone who learns these principles becomes Dermalogica Clean Touch Certified, and receives a Hygiene Certificate from us. By doing so, the skin care professional promises to adhere to our highest standards of safety and hygiene. These standards are in addition to regulatory requirements.
When booking your next appointment, ask your skin care professional if they have received the Dermalogica Hygiene Certificate or look for the Dermalogica Clean Touch Seal. It's a sign that your safety is a top priority.
Take care of yourself and stay healthy!
your safety has the highest priority for us
When you see the Dermalogica Hygiene Certificate, you can be sure that your skin treatment is carried out according to the strictest precautionary and hygiene safety criteria.
12 Dermalogica Principles for Safe Service
1. prior clarification that the client is not ill and has not been in contact with confirmed cases of COVID-19.
2. recommendation to clients from high-risk groups to postpone treatments.
3. ensuring that the minimum distance of 1.5 m is maintained wherever possible.
4. masks are mandatory for customers and employees in the common areas. Skin care professionals wear a mask and additionally a visor in close proximity to the customer.
5. clients disinfect their hands when entering the institute. Our skin care professionals wash and disinfect their hands regularly.
6. gloves are not compulsory when washing hands thoroughly, unless the customer requests it or it is required by the authorities.
7. all products for professional use are disinfected after each use.
8. treatment couches are covered with a clean disposable cover, clean towel or clean sheet before each client.
9. clean and disinfect all equipment and surfaces before use.
10. clean and dirty items and tools are clearly stored separately.
11. all high-touch areas throughout the skin center are disinfected hourly.
12. testers available for sale must be applied to the hands only and must be wiped off before and after each use.
Please be advised that the following guidelines are not in lieu of state or local agency regulations. All state sanitary and safety guidelines must be followed at all times. These guidelines will be adjusted as science progresses and may be changed in light of further developments.