What is broadband SPF?
Are you burned out on the myriad of sunscreens? The United States Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) is cracking down to regulate testing and labeling - all to make it easier to choose the best sunscreen to protect against your skin's worst enemy.
These new regulations correspond with the improvements made to Dermalogica's Daylight Defense - meaning your favorite SPF products offer even more sun protection and skin care benefits!
Microencapsulation Delivers Ultimate Protection
UV Smart Booster Technology: Research shows that antioxidant vitamins are just as important as sunscreens in protecting skin from harmful UV rays and free radicals. Daylight Defense products contain this technology, which provides increased antioxidant protection from UV rays.
Oleosome Technology: These moisture-rich beads allow a product to have a higher SPF while using less chemical sunscreen, resulting in a product that is even more wearable and even less likely to cause sensitivity. (Included in Solar Defense Booster SPF50 and Oil Free Matte SPF30).
dermalogica and broad spectrum protection
Only sunscreens that pass the FDA broad spectrum test (and provide proportional protection against UVA and UVB rays) may be labeled "broad spectrum."
All Dermalogica products containing SPF have been sent to independent laboratories to confirm our "broad spectrum" status. Learn about the enhanced Daylight Defense products.
- Add essential UV protection to your moisturizer or foundation with this versatile broad-spectrum sunscreen for all skin types.
- Increasing the SPF from 30 to 50 combined with UV Smart Booster Technology and Oleosome Technology provides enhanced photoprotection.
- Mix it with your Dermalogica Moisturizer to increase UV protection.
- This broad-spectrum, oil-free sunscreen mattifies and prevents shine on oily and breakout-prone skin.
- Contains exclusive UV Smart Booster Technology and Oleosome Technology to enhance photoprotection.
- Yeast extract, horse chestnut and niacinamide help fight the triggers of skin rashes.
- Chemical-free broad-spectrum sunscreen minimizes sensitivity, redness and irritation for sensitized, reactive and newly overworked skin.
- Contains exclusive UV Smart Booster Technology and UltraCalming Complex™, to minimize neurogenic and immunogenic inflammation.
- Lavender, Green Tea and Licorice soothe irritation.